Buggy Games, Peter Molyneux, Broken Promises and Minecraft Violence
Follow-up & Listener Questions
- What’s up with BioWare cancelling Shadow Realms?
- When will WoW Patch 6.1 drop?
- Mists of Pandaria content dropped too fast
- First tier content (Blackrock Foundry) just opened last week
- Blizzard still adding content to the PTR
- Probably not until March at the earliest
Story of the Week
- TODD: Dragon Age: Inquisition wins DICE Game of the Year honors, Gaygamer.com’s Gayest Game of the Year
- JOE: Bethesda to hold a conference at E3 2015
- DUANE: Peter Molyneux & Godus
Focus Target: Provisional / Late Game Reviews and The Legacy of SimCity
The Wall of Shame
- SimCity (2013) by Maxis/EA
- Battlefield 4 (2013) by Digital Illusions/EA
- Diablo III (2013) by Blizzard
- NBA 2K15 (2014) by Visual Concepts/2K Sports
- WatchDogs (2014) by Ubisoft Montreal
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection (2014) by 343 Studios / Microsoft
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (2014) by Sledgehammer / Activision
- DriveClub (2014) by Evolution / Sony
- Assassin's Creed Unity (2014) by Ubisoft Montreal
- Graphical glitches
- Gameplay bugs
- H1Z1 (2015) by Daybreak
- The Future of Video Games Is... Buggy?
- Why Do People Buy Broken, Buggy Games
- Blockbuster Games Have a Terrible, Horribile, No Good, Very Bad Day
- The plague of buggy, unfinished games explained by a video about tanks. Yes, really.
- Elan Lee & Matt Inman's Exploding Kittens Raises $5.9M, Passes Both Reading Rainbow & Veronica Mars; Becomes 5th Most Funded Kickstarter Ever
- Netflix & Nintendo Working on Live Action Zelda TV Show
- Joel Baker's LEGO Recreation of Flynn's Arcade from TRON
- Nintendo Sought Harry Potter License In Late 90s
- World of Warcraft to improve monthly Darkmoon Faire event in Patch 6.1
- Turkey Concerned About Minecraft Violence
- Cities: Skylines Set To Release 10 March 2015
- Star Wars Humble Bundle packs up to 12 titles until 17 February
- Wheel of Time Pilot
February Curse Giveaway
Last week, we gave away three month Curse Premium codes to a trio of luckly listeners. Listen and subscribe to HammerCast and you may have opportunities at other givewaways in the future!
Follow @hammergaming, and send us your feedback and quesitons with the hashtag #hammercast.